DEBRA P. DEREE’s practice in insurance defense litigation includes extensive analysis of insurance contract language. She has provided numerous opinions regarding the language of various policies for a number of insurance companies. Some of these opinions address issues of first impression in Colorado and were met with success at the Trial Court and the Colorado Court of Appeals. Ms. DeRee has experience in representing insurance companies with respect to issues of “bad faith.” In addition, she has appeared before, and tried cases, in a number of jurisdictions throughout Colorado.
Ms. DeRee has extensive experience in the area of construction defect litigation, including single and multi-family residential units. She has represented numerous contractors and has a comprehensive background into various aspects of construction. Her familiarity in this field provides her with invaluable insight into the construction defect litigation process.
Ms. DeRee’s appellate practice includes preparation of numerous briefs before the Colorado Court of Appeals. Her appellate practice ranges from issues defining language in an insurance contract to state and federal constitutional issues.
Ms. DeRee is licensed to practice law in the State of Colorado and practices in both State and Federal Courts.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- UN/UIM Bad Faith Defense
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Personal Injury Defense
- Products Liability
- Premises Liability Defnse
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Civil Litgation
- Business and Commercial Litigation
LICENSED TO PRACTICE
- State of Colorado 1998
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University of South Florida (B.A., 1993)
- Willamette University College of Law (J.D.,1998)
- Office: Colorado Springs Office
- Phone: 719.575.0010
- Extension: 302
- Email: (Please use our Contact Form or call our office to obtain email addresses.)